As the smallest school district in South King County, you will have the pleasure of being part of a tight-knit community with a rich history and vibrant present. Tukwila is unique and we welcome educators who want to make a profound difference in the lives of students.
- Highest Pay in the Region
Tukwila School District has some of the highest salaries for teachers in the region. We value our educators and make sure they are compensated competitively.
- NBCT Bonus
Our Nationally Board Certified Teachers (NBCT) receive a $10,000 annual bonus.
- Small District
The Tukwila School District consists of five schools - three elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school. Because of our size, we're a close-knit community with deep relationships between staff, families, and students.
Our students speak more than 80 languages and 90% of our students are BIPOC. 27.5% of our students are Multilingual Learners and we welcome immigrants from all over the world.
In addition to a diverse student and family community, we also have one of the most diverse group of educators in the region with 28% of our teachers identifying as BIPOC.
To apply for a position:
- Go to the Tukwila School District Job Application System home page.
- Either create an account by clicking "Register" or log into your existing account.
- Click on "Job Openings" and then click the green "Apply" button next to the job you're interested in.
Contact our Human Resources Department:
- Aaron Draganov, Executive Director of Human Resources & Labor Relations: 206-901-8005
- Ellen Gengler, Human Resources Coordinator: 206-901-8029
- Sally Jerome, Director of Employee Services: 206-901-8007