As the smallest school district in South King County, you will have the pleasure of being part of a tight-knit community with a rich history and vibrant present. Tukwila is unique and we welcome educators who want to make a profound difference in the lives of students.
- Highest Pay in the Region
As of 2022, Tukwila School District has the highest salaries for teachers in the region. We value our educators and make sure they are compensated competitively.
- NBCT Bonus
Our Nationally Board Certified Teachers (NBCT) receive a $10,000 annual bonus.
- Small District
The Tukwila School District consists of five schools - three elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school. Because of our size, we're a close-knit community with deep relationships between staff, families, and students.
Our students speak more than 80 languages and 90% of our students are BIPOC. 27.5% of our students are Multilingual Learners and we welcome immigrants from all over the world.
In addition to a diverse student and family community, we also have one of the most diverse group of educators in the region with 28% of our teachers identifying as BIPOC.
To apply for a position:
- Go to the Tukwila School District Job Application System home page.
- Either create an account by clicking "Register" or log into your existing account.
- Click on "Job Openings" and then click the green "Apply" button next to the job you're interested in.
Contact our Human Resources Department:
- Aaron Draganov, Executive Director of Human Resources & Labor Relations: 206-901-8005
- Ellen Gengler, Human Resources Coordinator: 206-901-8029
- Sally Jerome, Director of Employee Services: 206-901-8007