- January: Initial enrollment projections
- January-March: Review of programs
- January 9: State Legislature convenes
- February: Meet with principals and program administrators to review needs
- March-June: Finalize revenue and expenditure estimates
- March-May: Budget Advisory Team convenes
- April 18: Last day to notify the unions of a potential reduction in force (RIF) for the coming school year
- April 23: End of regular legislative session
- April 25: Last regularly scheduled board meeting to adopt a resolution approving a reduction in force (RIF) and remain in compliance with state mandate and the district collective bargaining agreements.
- May 15: By state law, school districts must issue reduction in force (RIF) notices to certificated staff members who may not have a contract the following year.
- June 30: Collective bargaining agreement mandated deadline to notify classified staff if their position within the district is not continuing
- July 10: State mandated deadline for the district to have a complete draft budget submitted to the Puget Sound Educational Service District (PSESD) and to have copies available for public review.
- August 18: Last day to run the first notice of a public hearing regarding the 2017-18 budget if adopted at a regular board meeting
- August 21: Last day to run the second notice of a public hearing regarding the 2017-18 budget if adopted at a regular board meeting
- August 29: Last regularly scheduled board meeting to hold a public hearing and formally adopt the 2017-18 operating budget for all funds
- August 31: State mandated deadline for the board to hold a public hearing and formally adopt the 2017-18 operating budget for all funds
Thinking creatively together
Please let us know if you have ideas for new revenue sources, ways to stretch our operational dollars, or suggestions for upcoming budget priorities.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.