Showalter Middle School
Demolition of 1 story classroom building and replacement with 2 story classroom building 19,993 SF, commons area addition at 2,008 SF and addition to gym at 2,256 SF. Replacement of carpet tile at existing classrooms, mechanical equipment upgrades, and fire alarm upgrades. Addition of secure vestibule entry and storm water detention improvements. Alternates include: 3 temporary portables.
Showalter Middle School will continue to be occupied during school year.
- Phase 1 – Spring 2019 Preliminary site work, before school is out.
- Phase 2 – Summer 2019 work
- Demolish Building B
- Work on Commons, Gym, Storm Water, and replace fire alarm panel
- Phase 3 – During School - Commons Completed by 3-27-2020.
- Phase 4 – During School - Ongoing work.
- Phase 5 – Project Complete 8-15-2020.
School Fence and Occupant Flow Plan
- Add Second Floor Level to Area B (Vocation Building)
- Expand the existing Student Commons space
- Expand the existing Gymnasium space
Remodel Existing Space
- Remodel First Floor of Area B (STEAM Building)
- Replace flooring
- Replace aged roof-top air-handling units
- Upgrade air distribution ductwork to enhance air circulation and indoor air quality
- Upgrade the air distribution control system
- Replace boilers