Early Childhood Learning: Preschool & Kindergarten
The Tukwila School District provides two comprehensive preschool programs for low-income children and their families: the Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) and Head Start. The goal of both programs is to help ensure that children enter kindergarten ready to succeed, and they include preschool, family support, and child health/nutrition coordination.
- ECEAP is a state-funded program that serves 3- and 4-year-olds (as of August 31 of the school year) in eligible families. This program is currently offered at Cascade View Elementary and Thorndyke Elementary.
- Head Start is a federally funded program that serves 3- and 4-year-olds (as of August 31 of the school year) in eligible families. This program is currently offered at Thorndyke Elementary.
- Washington State Department of Early Learning
- Puget Sound Educational Services District: ECEAP
- The Federal Office of Head Start
Do you think your infant, toddler, or preschooler may have a developmental delay? You may be eligible for free services. Contact Jane DeMello-Long at 206-901-8033 or email@example.com to schedule a Child Find appointment.
The Tukwila School District provides free full-day kindergarten for all students beginning who are age 5 by August 31 of the school year. Incoming kindergartners in Washington state participate in WaKIDS in September, which allows us to plan for a smooth transition for children and a successful, connected start to the K-12 experience for families.
We’re sorry, no profiles were found for this listing.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.